Big Lead Sports Bar

9/11/2009

"GET ME MY HAT"



From Yahoo's Michael Silver, in a story I originally heard on Mark Madden's show this afternoon, it's the stuff legends are made of:
The Tennessee Titans called heads, the coin came up tails, and while 65,110 fans at Heinz Field roared their powerful roars and waved their Terrible Towels, Ben Roethlisberger(notes) sidled up to a ballboy and made a four-word request.

Get me my hat.

A brutally physical NFL season opener between the defending Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers and Tennessee Titans was deadlocked and headed for overtime late Thursday night, and the quarterback’s statement carried an unspoken but obvious tagline: Get me my hat, because I’m about to take us down the field for the winning points, and I want to cover up my sweaty hair when I do that postgame interview with Andrea Kremer.

And what did the ballboy do?

“He got me my hat,” Roethlisberger said about half an hour later as he undressed at his locker, grinning like a schoolboy who’d just drained a game-winning jumper at the recess bell.
And just to be fair and balanced for those who think Ben dug his own hole last night, here's "Another Win, And More Proof That Ben Roethlisberger Is Grossly Overrated", from FanIQ.com. Do with it what you must.

Clutch moments becoming old hat for Big Ben [Yahoo!]
Another Win, And More Proof That Ben Roethlisberger Is Grossly Overrated [FanIQ]

Email: Mondesishouse@gmail.com Twitter: twitter.com/mondesishouse Facebook: Facebook Group

No comments: