Big Lead Sports Bar

11/08/2007

The Greatest Dan Marino Photo Ever

To the best of my knowledge, blogs didn't exist in the early 1980s, probably because Al Gore hadn't created the internet yet. But if there were a Mondesi's House circa 1981, I would have definitely featured this outstanding photo of a permed Dan Marino and what I'm told are his linemen posing like a crew of hitmen. Sadly, I doubt this photo will be re-enacted this year with Pat Bostick, although Wannstache could definitely stand in for that guy on the end.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that pic!

Clare said...

Aw, Pitt Stadium! Good times!

JD said...

That shit is gangsta! Good find!

Louis Lipps is my homeboy said...

That picture just made me wish Pitt had a stadium in Oakland.

Heinz Field is great, and they do a good job honoring Pitt as well as the Steelers there, but it's still the Steelers stadium

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Pitt Stadium with the old yellow paint job. Reminds me of my childhood (tear).

Nice dig on Al Gore, Mondesi!

no business doing that said...

i think i have a copy of that pic from an old media guide from my youth. i remember it well...

The Duke from Dukes Court said...

Marino + eurofro + teamates dressed as gangstas = phat pic