Big Lead Sports Bar

1/16/2007

Big Ben Does It Again...With Help From Carson Daly

I have to admit, I was pretty stoked on Sunday morning. The sight of Ben Roethlisberger in a 1930s gangster-style black pinstripe suit while doing guest commentary on ESPN was simply breathtaking. The fact that he neglected to shave his chin raised the bar even higher. And when the Worldwide Leader mentioned Ben's weekly phone calls to The Donald, which I originally brought to the masses on Friday (with much help from Deadspin), well, that just made my day.
On the heels of the Trump story, I didn't want this to turn into the internet version of the All Roethlisberger Network. So I held onto this until now. But imagine my surprise when I find this photo in my email last week, courtesy of loyal reader John: Big Ben, drink in hand, making a face to the camera, sitting next to Carson Daly. I can't speak for you, but in all of my Steeler-related net surfing, I've never seen this picture. And I think it's a classic.
There was no explanation of where or when the photo was taken, but it looks perfectly legit to me.

Of all the questions I could ask, I will choose just one: would Donald Trump approve of this photo?

8 comments:

Justin said...

is that mario lopez sitting to his left?

Dirty Sanchez said...

Not to sound like Joe Buck or Joe Theisman or any other grumpy Joe, but couldn't Ben maybe spend a little time on the treadmill getting his doughy ass in shape or something more constructive than getting hammered and yakking it up with Douchebag Trump?

I know, Ben's had a rough year and if I were 25 and rich I'd be nailing every hot poon that came my way, but at some point he might want to be known for taking his craft seriously. After a season where his QB rating was below Jon Kitna, Eli Manning and David Garrard, it might be time to study the playbook like a champion instead of drinking like a champion.

What can I say.. The damn dog woke me up twice last night and I'm grumpy. Maybe after a couple cups of coffee I'll perk up. At least the Ravens lost!

Louis Lipps is my homeboy said...

It doesn't really look like he's out partying.

It looks like he's at an awards show.... either that or at the movies with carson daily guzzling Red Bulls and vodka.

R :) said...

I'm not convinced the photo is in the same greatness as the "Drink Like A Champion Today" photo. Carson Daly is so five years ago.

Joey Porter’s Pit Bulls said...

Who is Carson Daly? Who is Mario Lopez? Wasn't he the guy drafted #1 overall last year by the Texans? No? That was Mario Williams? Well, why isn't HE in this picture, too? And why does Big Ben appear to have had his hair dyed with ... streaks? I don't even know what to call that ... stuff?

Laser Rocket Arm said...

Um ... the suit Ben wore on ESPN was brown, not black. The pinstripes were nice, though, as was the vest.

Not a recent picture though--hair and nose indicates possibly a Grammy party last year.

I spend WAY too much time looking at Ben.

The Duke from Dukes Court said...

Did Carson forget his glasses?

PittCheMBA said...

I do not think it is really Big Ben in the pic. I have never seen him wear his hair like that. Sure, Ben is like a real life Mr. Potato Head (he changes the hair on his head and on his face countless times), but that dude is not him. I am being kind about the Mr. Potato Head reference. I did not mention anything about facial reconstructive surgery.